Since the 2020 pandemic, when everyone had to turn to working from home, remote working has become a fact of life for many. Businesses are turning to software to help them to remain as productive as possible whilst their teams are working in their living rooms, kitchens, favourite coffee shops or on the road – as remote and hybrid work patterns are becoming more and more common. One component that is an essential part of this is cloud-based applications and systems. Essential for remote working, but also as we approach nearer and nearer to the PSTN (Public Switch Telephone Network) and ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) switch off, internet telecommunication is becoming a must-have.
One of the better-known hosted phone systems is 3CX, which provides excellent functionality and dependability across desktop, mobile and traditional phone handsets. But what exactly is 3CX and how can it benefit your company? This blog will begin to explore this question.
What is the 3CX Phone System?
The 3CX Phone System is a software-based IP PBX (Private Branch Exchange) that enables businesses to replace their traditional telephone systems with a modern, software-based communication solution. The 3CX Phone System is based on open standards and can be used with most popular IP phones, SIP trunks and VoIP gateways. This means that the SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunk creates a virtual connection between a phone system and a telecommunications provider – transmitting voice calls over the internet rather than traditional phone lines. It allows businesses to make and receive calls using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology removing the need for physical phone lines and hardware.
How can 3CX Help with the 2025 PSTN and ISDN Switch Off?
As the old PSTN network will be totally shut down in December 2025, all families and businesses will need to replace their current telecommunications system with a digital internet-enabled phoneline. Gradual stages started to take effect in 2020, starting the switch-off process.
By September of 2022, a national ‘stop-sell’ of PSTN bundles was in force, meaning that no PSTN bundles are available in the UK anymore. By the time the network was turned off, all businesses and residences should have installed Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) systems, and they should all have migrated to Internet Protocol (IP) systems. Many other parts of the world are also making this transition with countries such as Germany, Japan and Sweden, already having totally switched off their analogue systems, and Estonia and the Netherlands due to be fully digital before the UK.
So, installing a 3CX Phone System will help your company to be fully prepared for the switch-off of the traditional landlines – enabling services to continue uninterrupted. Learn more here about how else to prepare for the PSTN switch off.
How a 3CX Phone System Can Benefit your Business
There are a wide variety of reasons why a business may choose to implement a 3CX Phone System, apart from the PSTN switch off and the ultimate need for an internet-based telephone network. Here are just some of the many benefits to a business of installing it:
- Cost savings: The 3CX Phone System can help businesses to save money by eliminating the need for traditional phone lines and reducing the cost of calls. It also reduces hardware costs since it is software-based and can be deployed on existing servers. The system also has extremely competitive pricing which makes it even more attractive than other systems.
- Advanced features: Apart from regular telecommunication functions, the system also offers additional features to help businesses improve connectivity and collaboration, such as call recording, video conferencing and voicemail – something that would normally require separate hard and software options to run on a PSTN system – all in one bundle with a 3CX Phone System.
- Scalability: The 3CX Phone System can be easily scaled up and expanded as the company grows. New users and features can be added without any additional hardware being needed.
- Flexibility: The system can be deployed on-site or in the cloud meaning it can be accessed from anywhere that has internet – so it is ideal for teams working from home or on the road. As it connects with popular business applications it makes managing contacts and streamlining communication processes easy. You can also have a telephone number that allows a local office presence – regardless of physical location – meaning you can access new client bases across the country, or even the world, with a 08 or 03 number.
- Mobility: As previously mentioned it allows users to make and receive calls from their smartphones or tablets anywhere that has internet, making it especially useful for remote or mobile team members.
- Security: As the system is an online one, which can be protected by firewalls, it therefore, protects files and sensitive data information – safeguarding your workforce as well as your business’s reputation.
Why Choose Eclarity for your 3CX Phone System Installment?
You might be still wondering if a 3CX Phone System is the answer to your company’s telecommunications requirements and be worrying about the 2025 switch off or have unanswered further questions.
That is exactly what Eclarity are here to help with. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we have been advising and installing 3CX Phone Systems for companies across the country. If your company is a small to medium-sized one, then the 3CX Phone System is likely to be ideal for your internet communication requirements.